As promised, (finally committing to one of my promises on here! WOO!) for this week’s Writing Wednesday I’ll share some secrets about my current WIP.
- I’m 10K words in, and it feels like magical realism right now, but it very may well become fantasy. I’m not sure yet.
- It deals with emotional problems, like anxiety, depression, etc. (But there’s also some good emotional stuff as well.)
- Weather plays a big role. When it rains (in reality), that is prime writing time! It really gets me in the zone for the usually rainy settings I’ve got going in the book.
- There’s a certain clique (even though that word is typically negative, I mean it positively!) that I’m in love with. They’re all unique and real and sometimes funny. 🙂
- It takes place in the city I grew up/live in. So I have a lot of fun when I can mention actual places—it makes the characters come to life for me more.
I’ll close with this: A teaser sentence I posted to Twitter/Instagram with a picture that I’m very proud of taking, which is also relevant to the WIP.
There’s a storm brewing inside of you. All you need to do is catch it, and mold the power as your own.