I am very happy to announce that Tanaz Masaba at Bookish Freaks has nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award tag! I’m going to jump right in to this!
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer the 7 questions set by the person who nominated you and create 7 new ones
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blog
- Nominate however many people you like, linking to their blogs
- Let them know you nominated them
So now I get to tackle the questions written for me:
1. Do you have any bookish playlist? (ie a list of songs that remind you of any book, character, book series, etc). Do list some of the songs if your answer is yes.
I actually have never made one before, not even for the book I’m currently writing. I prefer to see what other people come up with because my music tastes are pretty narrow–pretty much all Disney, all the time.
2. Favorite book-to-film or book-to-tv-show adaptation?
I feel like I have a few: “Harry Potter” was great; even though it changed a lot, “Maze Runner” movie was fantastic, granted I did read the books after I watched the first movie, so that might’ve had something to do with my opinion; and I just have this gut feeling that I will really like the “Shadowhunters” TV show and the show based on the “Shatter Me” series when it comes out.
3. What are your top 10 favorite book covers?
Oh, I love book covers. I swoon for book art. Forever my number 1, 2, & 3 is “Ignite Me,” Unravel Me,” and “Shatter Me” by Tahereh Mafi in that order. No. 4 & 5 “Snow Like Ashes” and “Ice Like Fire” by Sara Raasch; No. 6 “A thousand Pieces of You” by Claudia Gray; No. 7 “Lost Voices” by Sarah Porter; No. 8 “Red Queen” by Victoria Aveyard; No. 9 “Fever” by Lauren DeStefano; and No. 10 “The Glass Arrow” by Kristen Simmons, even though I still have to read it.
4. How long have you been blogging and what has it been like?
I just started blogging this summer. It’s so fun! Since classes started back up, I haven’t been able to do as much reading as before, which means I haven’t been able to do as many blogs. But that’s okay! The great thing about blogging is that there are no strings attached. I don’t have a deadline and I can do it whenever I’d like and say whatever I want. The best part is that I’ve been able to connect with the book reading community and I get to socialize with other book bloggers, which is definitely more fun to swoon over book boyfriends with than alone.
5. Do you have any blogger goals?
My biggest goal is just to get myself more into the blogging community: follow more people and get more followers. Then, I think I’ll be brave enough to try and get some ARCs, which would be awesome.
6. Your favorite blog meme?
Hmm… I don’t think I have a favorite one. I see what other people post, but nothing really comes to mind. For anyone reading, if you want to leave your favorite one as a comment, that would be cool. 😉
7. If you had to create a blog meme/feature/tag what would it be?
I really like the idea of OTSP, so I think I would make a feature where you have to find someone in another country with your favorite book (bonus points if it’s in a different language), and then bloggers can become not-so-secret friends.
Here are my questions for you:
1. Which book(s) is next on your TBR list?
2. A lot of books are being adapted for TV/movies. If you could screen write, direct, and do everything else to make the show/film perfect, which book would it be and who would you cast as the main characters?
3. Do you prefer to read outside in the Spring sunshine or indoors cuddled up during the Winter?
4. Is there any book that you feel is way overrated? Which one is it?
5. What is your favorite part about blogging?
6. Which book that has not been released yet, or has just been released but you haven’t read it yet, are you most excited for?
7. If you could interview any author of your choosing for your blog, who would it be and why?
I hope you guys like my questions, and thank you again Tanaz for the nomination!